The Machine Operator is responsible for the manufacture of parts per prints and specifications in an accurate and timely manner; the operability of the equipment thru preventative maintenance and minor repairs; and the cleanliness of the work area. The Machine Operator performs first-piece inspection as well as the quality checks on subsequent produced pieces.
An employee must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities meeting the performance objectives set by management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of the job.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time. Employee will follow established best practices, procedures, and instructions to perform tasks safely and without product defects reporting gaps to their supervisor.
- Set up machine, load and set up programs and operate machines.
- Ability to read work orders and work instructions as needed
- Set up and run clippers, rotary trimmers, or other secondary equipment.
- Stage materials in the focused factory that are used in the production of finished goods.
- Measure and visually inspect products for surface and dimension defects in order to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Perform general preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Maintain production documentations and records as needed.
- Responsible for clean-up procedures.
- Training new employees on proper procedures and techniques.
- Clean up equipment and work area.
- Participate in the development of work instructions or continuous improvement projects.
- Reads and understand blueprints, specifications, dimensions and routings.
- Support the Safety and ISO 9001 & ISO 13485 Quality Management Systems.
- Works in accordance to Tanis mission, vision, & values at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma /GED equivalent. Associates degree an added plus.
• 1-3 years of machinist experience preferred.
• Requires basic mathematical, measuring, & computer skills.
• Requires good oral and written communication skills to interact with other employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Activities are performed on a routine basis using personal protective equipment (PPE) such as glasses, shoes, and earplugs. At times, face shields, aprons, suits, and other PPE may be required.
Employee will operate various hand tools, power hand tools and machine tools.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Normal factory environment. Slight exposure to dust, noise, fumes, and oils is present.