Under the direction of the Operations Support Supervisor, in accordance with company policies and procedures the Shipping Technician is responsible for some or all the pick/pack and shipping activities at times. Assignment of the activities are rotated so Technicians must be flexible in work assignments as the workload is dependent on scheduled receipts, shipments, and work orders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Pick orders from stock or staging areas.
- Package and label materials per pick list or work order instructions.
- Ensure that all shipped orders meet customer needs and escalates quality concerns in a timely manner.
- Prepare shipping paperwork. Contact freight companies to schedule shipments.
- Unload or load freight from delivery vehicles.
- Verify pick lists / customer orders / work orders / bills of lading information matches product, including product labels. This includes verify product and quantity.
- Set up and operate equipment such as saws, drills, presses, and trimmers to perform work order instructions.
- Dispose of facility trash and recyclables from staging areas.
- Follows all safety guidelines assigned to workstation and equipment used.
- Participate in the development of work instructions or continuous improvement projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works in accordance with Tanis mission and values always.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma /GED equivalent.
- Requires 1-3 years of shipping & receiving experience in a similar role.
- Forklift, reach truck, pallet jack experience preferred
- Ability to hold a Wisconsin driver’s license and meet company requirements to drive a company vehicle.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Activities are performed on a routine basis using personal protective equipment (PPE) such as glasses, shoes, and earplugs.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Employee will operate various hand tools, power hand tools, machine tools and forklift.
Normal factory environment. Slight exposure to dust, noise, fumes, and oils is present.